CES 2016 Day 2 was reserved for major press conferences after Day 1 brimming will new products. Here are the major CES announcements done in the event that captured CES highlights.
1.Samsung to launch new range of SUHD Quantum TVs, 4K Blu-ray
Samsung announces its impressive new line-up of SUHD TVs at CES 2016 Day 2. It will first bevel-less curved TV that will look beautiful from every angle.
- This SUHD TV will provide amazing picture quality by using 10-bit Quantum dot display.
- Applies IoT hub technology, which enables TV to control the whole smart home.
- 360 design for unbeatable immersion
Further, Samsung is also coming up with 4K Blu-ray player, the UBD-K8500, even when 4K Blu-ray discs are not yet available in the market.
- It can convert any ordinary TV into a smart TV by just connecting this set top box.
- It provides all the apps that are available on a Samsung smart TV.
- It includes a USB Port 3 in the front.
This UBD-K8500 will be available commercially in early 2016 for $500.
2.Lenovo and Google will launch Smartphone based on Project Tango
Lenovo announced at CES that it will be launching a Smartphone based on Project Tango. Previously, Google introduced Project Tango in February 2014 that will track the 3D motion of the device and will also create a map of the surrounding.
- The phone will be 6.5 inches long.
- It will use a Qualcomm processor.
Head of Project Tango at Google said that “Partnering with Lenovo for Project Tango will help us make this project more accessible to users around the globe. This will let them experience both virtual and real worlds.”
3.Nikon 360-degree camera
Japanese MNC, Nikon, the world leaders in imaging and optics products, unveiled their first ever 360-degree focusing, live-in-action camera- Key Mission 360. It will be known as the ‘Parent Camera’ in the family of live-action cameras. At CES 2016 Day 2, Nikon has not made any announcement regarding availability, release date, specifications like the life of the battery, price, and few other important features.
For all we know, currently, the company is developing a system of mounts and accessories, so that the live-action camera is able to shoot video footage with 4K UHD.
4.Sony to launch new ranges of 4K Ultra HD TVs
Sony is launching 3 new ranges of 4K HDR TVs. The 75-inch TV will be from XBR-X940D series and XBR-X930D will be including 65-inch and 55-inch models. All the 3 TVs will have:
- Ultra-thin bezels
- Android TV interface by Google
- Triluminos display
- Ultra, an app for HDR TVs
Other specifications launch date and prices are yet to be announced.
5.CTA Foundation announces cognitive computing research study with IBM
Consumer Technology Association Foundation is collaborating with IBM to research on Cognitive Computing, as announced at CES. By such initiative, better information can be delivered to help world’s aging population and people with some disability.
— IBM Accessibility (@IBMAccess) January 7, 2016
Larry Richenstein from CTA Foundation said that “We are really excited to work with IBM to change the way we age or to manage disabilities in near future by using emerging technologies.” He adds, “By letting them visualize how new technology can empower aged and disabled people by enhancing wellness and independent living.”
6.YouTube is teaming up with GoPro for Odyssey VR camera
— CES (@CES) January 8, 2016
An announcement regarding this partnership came from Robert Kyncl, YouTube’s Chief Business Officer. Kyncl emphasized on bringing more 360-degree content to YouTube.
GoPro Odyssey comes with the following features:
- It comes with 16 synchronized cameras HERO4.
- It contains 16 rechargeable batteries of 1160mAh.
- It will not be waterproof.
- Dimensions: 294.6mm x 65.8 mm
- Weight: 6.57kg
- Supports h.264 codec or .mp4 file format.
7.Samsung unveils Galaxy TabPro S
Samsung has unveiled Galaxy TabPro S, which is a 2-in-1 gadget with a detachable keyboard.
- It operates on Windows 10 platform.
- It allows using Bluetooth Pen and multi-port adapter that are proprietary and have to be purchased separately.
- Has a 12 inch AMOLED screen with 1440p resolution.
- It uses 6th generation Intel Core M dual-core 2.26GHz processor.
- It will offer 4GB RAM.
- It will contain a 5,200 mAh battery.
- This tablet is 6.3mm thin and is as light as 693g.
This TabPro S is expected to be launched in February. Prices are yet to be disclosed.
8.Panasonic’s DX900 TV and Blu-ray player
Panasonic to launch world’s first television set that meets the criteria for ‘Ultra High Definition’ and the model is known as DX900. This TV has met the standards of required resolution, image precision, and color range for 2016. It is the first honeycomb structured TV. These TVs will be available in 58-inch and 65-inch screen sizes. It is expected to be launched in spring 2016.
Also, Panasonic is about to launch its Blu-ray player known as UB900. It is capable of playing Ultra HD Blu-ray disks with 4K/60p playback support.
9.Samsung Tip Talk Smart Watch
Samsung Tip Talk is one of the brilliant devices showcased at CES 2016. It is a cool smart strap meant for traditional watches. Tip Talk efficiently adds notifications, calling features, and fitness tracking to any normal watch.
Following features are observed in the smartwatch:
- The small strap is embedded with a host of tech and sensors onto its mini frame.
- It is equipped with ECG reader for measuring stress level, heartbeat, and breathing rate, and PPG reader for measuring skin temperature, body fat, etc.
- The battery is 180 mAh and it lasts up to 7 days on standby.
- It includes a set of sensors- a magnetometer, accelerometer.
SEE ALSO: SAMSUNG TIP TALK REVIEW
10.Microsoft Band 2
Microsoft came up with their fitness tracker, Microsoft Band 2. This band has more sensors and fitness monitoring features than any of its competitors. It included:
- GPS monitor
- Heart rate monitor
- UV light detectors
- Skin temperature sensor
- Barometer for measuring elevation
- Fluid and responsive touch screen
11.Technics SL 1200s Turntables
Technics are back with turntables at this year’s CES. Technics 1200s are heavier and larger. The weight of the device is around 40 pounds that help it to stay stable and removes vibrations to generate a high-quality sound. The model displayed at the CES was 1200GAE, which is really similar to its older versions. The turntable has high torque that is really suitable for beatmatching and scratching. The Technics 1200GAE will be available by this summer for $4,000. And the lower model, 1200G will be launched by the end of 2016.
These CES announcements will change 2016 and will bring out some best innovations. These launches and partnerships will surely catch everyone’s eye throughout the year.
SEE ALSO: CES 2016 DAY 1 HIGHLIGHTS