American Airlines CEO grosses $2.37 million in stock sale

American Airlines

American Airlines CEO grosses $2.37 million in stock sale

The Chief Executive of American Airlines Group Inc. Doug Parker on Monday exercised and sold 113,000 stock appreciation rights (SAR) that he received since past three years, when he was appointed as CEO of US Airways Group Inc. in 2013 merger of American and US Airways rights, same a stock options, translated into new American stokes on a one-for-one basis.

According to federal filling, Parker has exercised this batch of stock- appreciation units, as they got expired over the next 12 months. To promote his sales further, he built a securities trading plan for insiders – acknowledged a 10b5 plan. This portion of stock-appreciation rights were exercised at $6.70 per share. The Americans said that Parker grossed about $2.37 million after acquisition expense and paying corporate taxes.

Parker has other appreciation rights at award prices ranging within $3.10 to $38.44 per share, but he will have to pay to exercise them, before he wishes to sell them in the open market. At the time of stock sale, their value will depend on the share price of American stock for that moment.

In April, Parker accepted a new 2015 compensation plan, which consists of about 207,670 restricted stock units – the value of will depend on American’s performance. At that moment Parker has favored a stock-based compensation plan earned by his performance.

At present, America’s current share price of $43 would be valued at about $8.94 million, with a loss of 20 per cent so far this year. Last year, Parker’s total compensation was $12.3 million, including 40 per cent in cash, along with a $700,000 base salary and an annual incentive payout amount of $2.8 million.

In his 2015 package, 54 per cent of the restricted stock units will vest in April 2018, only if American’s profit before tax (PBT) income margin for the prior three years achieves a threshold performance, as compared with a group of rival airlines companies, while the other 46 per cent of the restricted stock awards will invest in two installments, i.e., two-thirds on the first anniversary of the award and the rest a year later. According to a federal filing, Parker owns about 1.66 million American shares.

Avatar
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann is Editor-in-Chief at Industry Leaders Magazine, based in Las Vegas. Carrie covers technology, trends, marketing, brands, productivity, and leadership. When she isn’t writing she prefers reading. She loves reading books and articles on business, economics, corporate law, luxury products, artificial intelligence, and latest technology. She’s keen on political discussions and shares an undying passion for gadgets. Follow Carrie Ann on Twitter, Facebook

Recent Posts

Hyundai commits $7.4 billion in US investment by 2025

Hyundai commits $7.4 billion in US investment by 2025

South Korea’s Hyundai Motor Co., announced on Thursday it will soon start manufacturing electric vehicles in the United States. The automaker plans to produce EVs, upgrade produc
2 days ago
US inflation report of 4.2 percent raises concerns

US inflation report of 4.2 percent raises concerns

The US reported the highest inflation recorded in the last dozen years at 4.2 percent in April, riding on government stimulus packages, improved energy prices, better spending and
2 days ago
Aon – Willis asset disposal aims to ease approval of $30 billion merger

Aon – Willis asset disposal aims to ease approval of $30 billion merger

Aon Plc and Willis Towers Watson have agreed to sell $3.6 billion worth of assets to rival Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in a bid to appease European competition regulators over th
3 days ago
Roblox declares Q1, reports $387 million revenue as bookings increase

Roblox declares Q1, reports $387 million revenue as bookings increase

Roblox, the hugely popular online gaming platform, reported its first-quarter earnings after becoming a listed company. Its revenue more than doubled as the videogame company benef
4 days ago
Weak US job report results in volatile market

Weak US job report results in volatile market

A weak job report resulted in a record close on Friday for the US stocks. The US labor department’s monthly non-farm payrolls report revealed employers hired 266,000 new workers
5 days ago
Star and Blackstone launch bids to buyout Australia’s Crown Resorts

Star and Blackstone launch bids to buyout Australia’s Crown Resorts

A bidding war has broken out between Australian casino company Star Entertainment Group and US private equity investor Blackstone Group over Crown Resorts, Australia’s bigges
5 days ago