Kelley Blue Book revealed this year’s list of top-tem coolest cars that one can buy for under $18,000. While conjuring the list, two criteria’s were supposed to meet: 1. Fun to drive, and 2. Fun to own, among the deciding ‘coolness’ factor. Each vehicle under the list is available for under $18,000 or less, according to Kelley Blue Book's exclusive Fair Purchase Price.
Jack Nerad, executive editorial director and executive market analyst for Kelley Blue Book mentioned that, “low-priced new cars are getting cooler with each passing year and the mass-appeal; bread-and-butter small cars are becoming increasingly stylish and tech-savvy”.
Sitting on the throne for this year on KKB’s annual affordable “cool cars” list is the all new Mazda 3.
“On the strength of a well-received redesign for 2014, the Mazda3, which could be called king of the Coolest Cars Under $18,000, reclaims its spot at the top of our annual list,” Nerad continued. “Stylish and fun from day one, the Mazda3’s engineering innovation that results in great benefits like high fuel efficiency and fun to drive make it cooler than ever.”
Here’s the list from Kelley Blue Book that serve’s up 10 coolest cars at affordable price of $18,000 or under for credit challengers buyers.
1. Mazda 3: By and large well received well by automotive enthusiastics for its performance, handling, styling and interior. The Mazda3 gives good fuel economy, has an excellent compact design with comfortable seats with straightforward controls and features. With premium design, upscale interior material and sleek design making it feel more like an expensive car.
2. Hyundai Velostar: Well-equipped with good fuel economy, with an easy to shift six-speed manual transmission. It has a sleek design with a first-rate finish to it with ample list of features, efficient engine and distinctive styling.
3. Kia Soul: The car has already impressed several auto writers with its high-quality materials and comfortable and supportive seats. Soul offers plenty of cargo space for its passengers. Kia Soul comes out as quirky and tech-filled with UVO infotainment system, six-speaker stereo, intuitive-touch screen and audio and cruise controls.
4. Honda Civic Coupe: The car comes out with a wealth of features and a smooth and excellent engine that gives one of the best fuel economies. It charms with its distinctive styling, equipment and powertain.
5. Volkswagen Jetta: Fifth on the list as “the most affordable European sedan”, with a roomy cabin and diverse engine line-up.
6. FIAT 500: It looks irrefutably fun to drive with a chic exterior that quirks you up that costs less than a MINI. It has a surprisingly spacious cabin with a plethora of contemporary features.
7. Dodge Dart: With extremely user-friendly tech features, Dart offers a lot of space, features and style for money.
8. Ford Fiesta: Fiesta offers an excellent fuel economy with plenty of technical competency to match the big boys and comes at an affordable price tag that is enough to pull you from other brands.
9. Chevrolet Sonic: Available both as a sedan and a hatchback with its blends of power, comfort and fun features making it a fun to drive.
10. Nissan Versa Note: One of the roomiest cars you’ll find, great fuel economy and sleep interior design, it remains as one of the least expensive new car that you can buy with its starting price of $12,780.